Life can be challenging to say the least in this new Aquarian age. Juggling your responsibilities to family, job, relationships and your personal goals can be mind boggling at times. Needless to say, your home should serve as your safe haven from the outside world. A loving, peaceful home is essential toyour physical, mental, financial and spiritual well being.
When you examine the art of Feng Shui ( a science of environmental order and arrangement) you will find ancient techniques for creating those peaceful living spaces. Although there are countless approaches to achieving Feng Shui here are just ten tips with which you can begin:
1. CLEARING CLUTTER: Good energy will notgenerate in a cluttered home. Clutter traps negative energy and can cause conflict between family and visitors. Clutter also causes confusion.
2. KEEP CLEAN DRAINS. In Feng Shui, Water symbolizes emotions, so if your drains are clogged then it symbolizes repressed feelings such as resentment or jealousy. Flooded sinks, bathrooms, and toilets mean a personality that is also flooded with negative emotions.
3. GET ORGANIZED. If you are running around all over the place looking for things your environment is confused. Confusion creates negative energy and wastestime . Find “a place for everything and everything in its place.”.
4. GET RID OF SHARP OBJECTS. Sharp objects symbolize harsh words and the cutting of ties in important, intimate relationships. Do not leave sharp objects like scissors, pliers, or knives lying around. Put them away and make sure they are sheathed. Sharp objects should not hang or be displayed on walls.
5. HANG UP PICTURES OF NATURE. Pictures of flowers, birds, or peaceful landscapes will promote a peaceful tone in your your home. Cityscapes and ships sailing on stormy seas create the opposite effect.
6. GET RID OF FLOURESCENT LIGHTS. Fluorescent lights are too white with too much glare and flickering to be relaxing. In Feng Shu the white light is unlucky. You should not be basking in any type of glare..
7. KEEP FLOWERS. Keep natural fresh flowers in your home. If you use artificial blooms be sure you plan to keep them very clean. Dust on artificial plants is bad energy in general. The very best are cut live pest free flowers. Wilted flowers symbolize fatigue so discard them..
8. DECORATE WITH CRYSTALS AND STONES. Crystals and stones have grounding energies. They help to promote relaxation. Natural materials bring you closer to nature.
9. AVOID ARTIFICIAL MATERIALS. Stay away from plastics and formicas . Bamboo, marble, and cork are better choices. The less manmade and more recyclable the material, the
more peaceful your home will be.
more peaceful your home will be.
10. CREATE A VIEW. Open windows and let light in. Seeing out and far away is restful to our spirits. A view of a garden is ideal. Select artwork that has both perspective and depth and hang that on your wall if you happen to live in a place that does not have too many windows.
Hope these tips prove to be useful for you crafty moms. Be sure to continue visiting Jamar Party Planners for more insightful,thought -provoking and of course crafty information. ThanxSherry for the invite! Will drop in again real soon. In the meantime, wishing us all loving and peaceful homes!
Yvonne Onque is an artist, graphic designer, craftsperson and proud grandma of fourteen. She is owner and featured artist of God-S Wearable Art. Like us on Facebook!